X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer (XRF) uses high-energy X-rays or gamma rays to irradiate the sample to make the energy difference between the inner and outer electrons.
XRF uses high-energy X-rays or gamma rays to irradiate the sample so that the inner orbital electrons of the constituent atoms of the sample are excited into energetic photoelectrons, and a cavity is created in the inner orbital, and the outer electrons will fill the vacancy in the inner layer.
Due to the energy difference between the energy levels, the characteristic X-rays, called X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) emit; different elements emit their own characteristic X-rays, with different energy or wavelength. The Detector receives these X-rays, and the instrument software system converts them into corresponding signals. It can be used for elemental analysis and chemical analysis, especially in the study of metals, glass, ceramics and building materials, as well as in the fields of geochemical research, forensics, electronic product quality control (EU RoHS), and archaeology.
The portable X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer has the convenience of being hand-held and can be used for rapid on-site inspection. Considering economy and safety, it can provide rapid analysis for expensive or difficult-to-handle samples; it can also be used for airport inspections or anti-terrorism security scans, product authenticity testing, environmental exploration, material specifications required by regulations, and real-time quality control, etc.
- The desktop X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer has the ability to measure trace metals or thin films in a small area in a short time.
- For RoHS detection mode, it has the function of shape, size, thickness, and position correction to increase the measurement accuracy.
- Has the function of automatically distinguishing and selecting the standard curve.
- Special software for plastics provides the application of plastics, which eliminates errors caused by differences in sample size, thickness, shape, placement position, and relative position with the detector.
- Built-in halogen-free standard Br and Cl calibration lines can be precise quantification.
- Automatic qualitative and quantitative element analysis of sample elements.
- Measurement of the coating thickness of Au/Ni/Cu (gold/nickel/copper) thin films in an area of 0.2mm x 0.2mm in about ten seconds.
- Non-contact and non-destructive analysis
- Mg to U can be detected. The detection limit is able to reach ppm level.
- Liquid, powder, or solid can be analyzed
- Quick scan component analysis of printed circuit boards and solar cells
- The thickness analysis of metal coating
- The analysis of PMI, precious metals, RoHS, and Halogen free
- Soil/environmental heavy metal analysis
- Oil analysis
Desktop XRF (Hitachi EA 6000VX)
High-speed scanning measurement mode
Energy spectrum difference of material quality